40 Days – Important Additional Information
To participate in the Sydney 40 Days for Life 2015 you must click on the REGISTER button on the 40 Days for Life Home Page. Once you have registered you can access the VIGIL CALENDAR via the LOGIN button on the 40 Days for Life Home Page which allows you to nominate what day & time you want to attend the vigil. You can update this at any time. You will also receive email updates about the campaign. The Prayer Vigil must remain peaceful and so participants sign a ‘Statement of Peace’ with a pledge that they will conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner. All people are welcome!
IMPORTANT: If you are registered from last year your login details are still active. Your login username is the email you used last time. If you have forgotten your password you will be able to reset it. If you have trouble ring FLI on (02) 9519 9111 and we can reset it for you.
2. The Prayer Vigil
Finding the Prayer Vigil at the Preterm Abortion Mill is easy. It is located at 1 Randle St Surry Hills, on the Corner of Elizabeth St which is a 3 min walk from Central Station. The Prayer Vigil begins at 6am and ends at 8pm each day for the 40 days of Lent.
3. Prayer and Fasting
Our Lord Jesus Christ told us that some demons can only be driven out by prayer and fasting. The two go hand in hand. Prayer keeps us rooted in the fact that it is our desire to conform to God’s will. Fasting is a sacrifice and a penance that helps us reach beyond our own limitations. Fasting is not some form of spiritual dieting; it is a form of physical prayer. You can fast from food, TV, alcohol etc. for the intention of the campaign’s success. As our vigil is a Lenten one it is the appropriate season to undertake this form of prayer and sacrifice. Each day between now and the end of the campaign, please commit to pray and fast for the international effort, and for the efforts here in Sydney. If you can’t make it to our vigil on the street between 6am and 8pm every day, you can still be involved by praying at home or by doing a Holy Hour in the 40 Days Adoration For Life Chapel from 8pm to 6am every day during the 40 Days of Lent.
4. Spread the Word
The success of 40 Days for Life depends on the most powerful form of advertising – word of mouth. Tell all of your friends, family members, co-workers and fellow believers about 40 Days for Life.
• Invite them to come along with you to a vigil or 40 Days event.
• Encourage people to visit www.fli.org.au where they can see all the past 40 Days campaigns and learn about the issues.
• Share Sydney’s 40 Days For Life Facebook Page. Send your friends a message and invite them to join the group.
• Become a Parish Promoter – contact us for a Parish Pack which has the Bishop’s letter, flyers, FAQ’s and more.
• If you are a member of a Parish group (youth group, prayer group etc) or other Catholic group you could get the free 40 Days Info Pack from us and share it with them. Suggest coming as a group to a vigil timeslot and/or a 40 Days event.
• Wear your 40 Days for Life T-Shirt – they can be purchased from FLI and come in a range of colours and sizes. Contact us and place an order.